How to Clean Granite
To keep your granite in tip-top condition, five simple maintenance procedures are necessary. For best results, they should be followed very closely.
- Clean the countertop daily with a soft white cloth and a neutral cleaner or stone soap. These products are available at our office. Similar products can be found in stores that carry household cleaning products.
- It may be necessary to buff the countertop with a clean white terry cloth towel if streaking occurs.
- Occasionally apply a good stone polish to the surface of the countertop to help prevent staining and freshen the service.
- All granite countertops should be sealed. We seal the countertop as the last thing we do before we leave the installation. Our impregnator will resist oil and other staining materials, but not for prolonged amounts of time. We recommend reapplication of impregnator should be done every five to seven years. This product is available at our office or we can reapply.
- If the countertop becomes stained, immediately blot the spill with a clean paper towel. If the stain soaks into the granite then a poultice may need to be applied.
- If your granite becomes chipped or cracked, we can schedule a service call and repairs may be possble. Many cracks or chips can be repaired.